We use the following types of non-essential cookies on our website:
- Functional cookies
- Analytical (or performance) cookies
These are cookies that are designed for purposes such as enhancing a website’s functionality. These are either not strictly essential for the website or functionality which you have requested to work, or are cookies which serve non-essential purposes in addition to their essential purpose. We use the following functional cookies on our website:
- a third party persistent cookie used to gauge your bandwidth in order to optimise the display of YouTube videos on our website. This cookie is called VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE and expires after 8 months.
- a first party session cookie used to help Google Analytics manage the number of users on our website. This cookie is called _gat
How to opt in or out from functional cookies
See the section below entitled How to accept or reject cookies
Processing information about you contained in or obtained from functional cookies
Legal basis for processing: we process information about you contained in or obtained from functional cookies in our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation). We will only process such personal information if you have consented to us placing cookies on your computer or device.
Legitimate interests: improving your website experience and providing or enhancing the website functionality you have requested
Analytical (or performance) cookies track and gather data about what a user does on a website. These cookies are not essential for our website or its functionality to work. We use the following analytical cookies on our website:
- first party Google Analytics cookies to us understand how you engage and interact with our website, including how you came to our website, which pages you visited, for how long and what you clicked on and your location (based on your IP address). The Google Analytics cookies used on our website are the _ga cookie which is a persistent cookie and lasts for 2 years and _gid cookie which is a session cookie. As described in more detail in the ‘functional cookies’ section above, we also use the _gat cookie to assist with the performance of Google Analytics on our site. Information collected by Google Analytics cookies is aggregated and anonymised.
- third party YouTube (owned by Google) cookies which collect information about the videos you watch on our website, including what you watch and where you view them (e.g. on our homepage). These cookies are called YSC and PREF. They are persistent cookies and expire after 8 months.
For information on how Google uses data from cookies it uses, click here